GPR: 2021 - Week 35
From MGH Learn Pathology
25F presents as a transfer for infective mitral valve endocarditis. Peripheral blood was drawn for admission labs.
Registered users must be logged in to access the interactive quiz.
All of the above
Na & Cl
Dr. Grace Mahowald
- Soleimani N, Mohammadzehed S, Asadian. 2020. Lipemia Interferences in Biochemical Tests, Investigating the Efficacy of Different Removal Methods in comparison with Ultracentrifugation as the Gold Standard. Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry.
- Krasowski D. 2019. Educational Case: Hemolysis and Lipemia Interference with Laboratory Testing. Academic Pathology.
- Nikolac N. 2014. Lipemia: Causes, interference mechanisms, detection and management. Biochemica Medica.
- Dimeski G et al. 2006. Effects of Hyperlipidemia on Plasma Sodium, Potassium, and Chloride Measurements by an Indirect Ion-Selective Electrode Measuring System. Clinical Chemistry.
- Pseudohyponatremia image from: https://nephsim.com/case-29-diagnosis-conclusions/
- Cuvette image from: www.alibaba.com
This week's Gross Pathology Roundup was presented by Daniel Pearson MD, PhD on 2021-08-30.