GPR: 2020 - Week 46
From MGH Learn Pathology
Registered users must be logged in to access the interactive quiz.
- Walter “Sunny” Dzik, M.D
- Kyleigh Getchell
-  Twomey P.J., Don-Wauchope A.C., McCullough D. Unreliability of triglyceride measurement to predict turbidity induced interference. J Clin Pathol. 2003;56(11):861–862.
-  Kroll M., McCudden C. De Gruyter; Berlin: 2013. Endogenous Interferences in Clinical Laboratory Tests.
-  Nikolac N. Lipemia: causes, interference mechanisms, detection and management. Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2014;24(1):57–67. Published 2014 Feb 15. doi:10.11613/BM.2014.008
-  Icteric index and its significance Dr. Usha Sachidananda Adiga, International Journal of Medical and Health Research ISSN: 2454-9142, Impact Factor: (RJIF 5.54) www.medicalsjournals.com Volume 2; Issue 4; April 2016; Page No. 32-34
-  Icteric plasma suggests Gilbert’s syndrome in the blood donor. Naiman JL, Sugasawara EJ, Benkowsky SL, Mailhot, Transfusion 1996 Nov-Dec; 36(11-12):974-8
-  3. Simundic AM., Nikolac N., Ivankovic V., Ferenec-Ruzic D., Magdic B., Kvaternik K., et al. Comparison of visual vs. Automated detection of lipemic, icteric and hemolyzed specimens. Can we rely on a human eye? Clin Chem Lab Med. 2009;47 (11):1361-1365
-  Wan Azman WN, Omar J, Koon TS, Tuan Ismail TS. Hemolyzed Specimens: Major Challenge for Identifying and Rejecting Specimens in Clinical Laboratories. Oman Med J. 2019;34(2):94–98. doi:10.5001/omj.2019.19
-  Heireman L, Van Geel P, Musger L, et al. Causes, consequences and management of sample hemolysis in the clinical laboratory. Clinical Biochemistry. 2017 Dec;50(18):1317-1322. DOI: 10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2017.09.013.
This week's Gross Pathology Roundup was presented by Jakob Moran, MD on Mon, Nov 09, 2020.